Monday, January 28, 2013
Region: Kuala Lumpur
Posted By: Lloyd's Register Group Limited - London
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 25 Feb 2013
The primary role involves the review of clients design documentation for compliance with regulations codes and standards plus consultancy services. This encompasses the assessment of leading edge technologies in new build projects ranging from Onshore and Offshore Oil & Gas to wind farm technologies. Changes to existing facilities will also be part of the expected scope of work Opportunities will be provided to support areas of inexperience with on-job training and external training where necessary.
From oil fields and pipelines to refineries, power stations and manufacturing plants, we are helping businesses around the world to improve the safety, reliability and performance of their assets as they tackle some of the largest and most complex challenges in the commercial world.
With a global network of Lloyd’s Register specialists in 238 locations, we are uniquely placed to advise at any stage of the supply chain and throughout an asset’s life cycle. This range of expertise, together with our independent status, integrity and expert asset knowledge, has won us the trust of leading businesses from across the energy sector.
As offshore oil & gas development moves into deeper water and more remote locations, our business moves and grows with it. We help our clients worldwide solve complex engineering challenges for safer exploration and production. Join our growing team and help shape our future and your career, while contributing to some of the most advanced engineering and construction projects in the world today.
Due to increasing workloads we require a Fire & Safety Specialist to join our team in Kuala Lumpur
Reporting to the Fire & Safety team lead, your main responsibilities will be;
• Performing review of Fire & Safety design documentation for compliance with regulations, codes and standards
• Providing good control of projects, including communicating with clients
• Provide technical assistance/advice as requested to internal and external clients.
We are ideally looking for a degree qualified, preferably Chartered, Engineer (or in process to become chartered) with a proven track record in this discipline; relevant experience – a large part of which should be in Oil & Gas Upstream and Floating Offshore Sector.
Required Technical Competencies
• Knowledge of Fire and Gas Detection.
• Knowledge of Active Fire Fighting Systems.
• Knowledge of Passive Fire Protection and Explosion Protection.
• Knowledge of Escape, Evacuation and Rescue.
• Knowledge of OSCR Verification.
• Knowledge of Regulatory Safety Studies.
Desired Technical Competencies
• Knowledge of Statutory Legislation.
• Knowledge of Codes and Standards.
• Knowledge of OSCR, PFEER and DC
• Knowledge of Modu’s, Semi’s, FPSO’s.
Friday, January 25, 2013
Region: South East Asia
Posted By: Networkers
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 28 Feb 2013
Mechanical Engineer (Project Modification team)
Conduct mechanical engineering activities in brown field projects from concept to commissioning ensuring all modifications on the facility are implemented in safe and efficient manner
• Prepare & approve mechanical equipment and package specification sheets for FEED/Detail design of Mechanical Packages and piping
• Perform conceptual design, basic and detail engineering, drawing designs, specifications, detailed cost estimation, detailed schedules, material lists etc for construction proposal
• Study, analyze and recommend modification / construction options and solutions with optimum cost safety considerations, prepare Scope of Work for Modifications, ITB, perform technical evaluation and assist in techno-commercial award
• Perform site survey to verify design and dimensions and review installation and constructability of new equipment, troubleshooting of existing equipment
• Ensure that the design conforms to project requirements and ensure technical integrity as per Company’s and international standards, specifications, promote implementation of HSE rules and engineering best practices
• Review, advice and approve design calculations and reports prepared by engineering consultants for FEED and Detailed engineering
• Review and approve MTOs, ISOs, fabrication and construction documents prepared by Minor fabrication contractors and compile construction work packs
• Prepare Mechanical Work packs for offshore installation and interface with operations for work pack completion and handover.
• Lead and facilitate Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) to ensure full compliance to contract requirements.
Possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 8 Years experience in Process Plant Engineering, Procurement, Construction related Industry including at least 4 Years in brown-field Mechanical Design /Engineering and Commissioning (both static and rotating) for offshore platforms, wellhead platforms, central processing platforms for oil and gas installation.
• Must be able to review, prepare and /or verify design, engineering, calculations and relevant technical document.
• Substantial knowledge of oil and gas international standards, particularly process , safety and piping, e.g. API, ASTM, ANSI & ASME
• Familiarity in commercial available software package in drafting and engineering database management
• Candidate must be able to supervise and keep contact with Contractors on mechanical engineering matters.
• The candidate must be able to attend construction, testing and installation activities on site, as required.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Posted By: Petroleum People
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 31 Jan 2013
An EPC consultancy has asked me to locate a process engineer to come onboard for their upstream offshore projects. It is a great time to join this international company who has recently secured one of the most significant projects in S.E Asia.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified with a good EPC background in upstream projects. They will work closely with the Process Engineering Lead to ensure quality of design and successful implementation of the proposed brownfield facility modifications whilst keeping oversight of contractors performing FEED, providing input and review simulations and design of process equipment.
On offer is a very competetive salary and an excellent opportunity for career growth.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Posted By: Leap29 Ltd
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 16 Feb 2013
Job Description: Senior Drilling Engineer Project Design
My client an ambitious and expanding Operator who are aggressively expanding their Operations in Malaysia are looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer to join their company and take on a Project Design position for a project based Offshore Malaysia.
We are looking for an individual who are looking for a permanent and long term staff position based in KL which will offer the opportunity for progression to Drilling Superintendent and possibly even Drilling Manager. We are looking for a candidate to work hand in hand with the Management and Director of this rapidly expanding company. With this will offer the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to progress in their career as well as to receive a base salary of approximately 30K MYR per month.
Some of the qualities which we are looking for are:
•Only Malaysian nationals will be considered for this position
•7-10 years of Drilling Engineer experience
•Offshore project design experience
•Available to commence employment at short notice
This position is a relatively urgent position and suitable candidates will be progressed to interview at short notice with the successful candidate to commence employment as soon as possible.
Please send your resume through to Rob Byrom. Successful candidates will be contacted.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Friday, January 18, 2013
Posted By : Nizza Recruitment Services, Asia Pte Ltd
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 28 Feb 2013
- Global leader, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Sectors
- Excellent Career Opportunities
- Attractive Remuneration Package
Our client is a highly successful and well regarded leader within this exciting and competitive field of Oil and Gas, offshore and onshore sectors in Malaysia, with the capability to execute projects from Engineering Services to lump sum turnkey.
You will be working within a professional and dynamic working environment and a team of like-minded Engineers. Our client is looking for a talented Lead Electrical Engineer specialised in the electrical engineering and design for Offshore/ Onshore Projects for Conceptual/FEED/ Detailed/ EPCC. Work as Lead Electrical Engineer for Offshore/ Onshore Projects. Work as Package Engineer for both Electrical and Mechanical Equipment.
To succeed in this role you will need to have;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and related field
- 25 years working experience in Oil & Gas Engineering design including a minimum 15 years working experience in process engineering design in onshore and/or offshore oil & gas projects including minimum of 5 years working experiences leading a multi-discipline front End Team.
- Must be familiar with the front-end/concept select process.
- Have a strong process design and other discipline engineering design experiences in both onshore and offshore oil & gas projects.
- Must have thorough knowledge of relevant codes and standards together with safety codes and practices.
- Have a good understanding of petroleum engineering issues, including dealing with subsurface uncertainties and integration/interfaces with surface facilities. Must have a good knowledge of concept selection process (Shell ORP or an equivalent 'Gated' process).
- Able to perform the following tasks given:
- Perform Electrical Power Generation and Distribution System Design.
- Development of various engineering documentation including specifications and calculation notes.
- Requisitioning process including bid evaluation, clarification, vendor data review/ incorporation and vendor follow-up.
- Management of job & assigned team with respect to quality assurance, planning & cost objectives.
- Coordination works with other disciplines and review of other disciplines (e.g. Mechanical, Instrument and etc.) equipment packages/ specification/ datasheets.
- Prepare single line diagram, control and schematic diagrams.
- Perform Vendor Data Review and Incorporation.
- Technical clarification and discussion with Vendors/ Client.
You should apply for this role if:
- You fulfil the majority of the above mentioned requirements
- Seek a long term role in a leading Oil and Gas, offshore and onshore projects
- Establish your career in a regionally and growth oriented company.
- Establish your career as a competent Lead Electrical Design Engineer.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a global leader in the Oil and Gas Engineering Sector. If you feel you have the capability and experience to make a positive contribution to our client, please send your CV direct to me in Word .doc format (NOT PDF), my email – <email address removed>
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Posted By: Nizza Recruitment Services, Asia Pte Ltd
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 31 Jan 2013
Global leader, Oil & Gas and Onshore and Offshore Projects Excellent Career Opportunities Attractive Remuneration Package
Our client is a well-established global leader in delivering professional engineering and fabrication services to the world-wide energy, resource and complex process industries. They provide excellent career opportunities and challenges to candidates who succeed in joining their organisation. They are looking for a competent Principal Process Design Engineer to join their team in MALAYSIA
Duties and responsibilities:
Analyze project specifications and inquiry requirements; develop design parameters and guidelines accordingly. •Prepare engineering calculations as required. •Prepare process flow diagrams (PFD’s) piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s) and process data sheets for equipment and instruments. •Participate in safety evaluation and HAZOP sessions. •Coordinate with Sales Department on preparation and presentation of proposals, client meetings and market opportunities related to area of expertise. Participate in sales presentations as required. •Uphold company’s standards of quality, applicable codes, and industry standards and practices. •Follow up on completed projects including start-up and performance guarantee test. •Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology trends. •Maintain a high professional profile in industry; present and publish technical papers. •Plan and schedule work flow for activities in area of expertise including coordination of proposal and project. Perform as job leader when needed. •Represent group in staff, vendor and client meetings when necessary. •Participate in development projects as needed.
If you feel that you have the experience to succeed in this role and wish to work and take on this leadership responsibilities with a highly successful MNC, please contact MS. RHYNE and send your details in WORD DOC FORMAT to email:
Posted By: Carigali Hess
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 10 Feb 2013
We are a joint-venture company between PC JDA Ltd. and Hess Oil Company of Thailand Ltd. Co.,
engaged in gas production in Block A-18 of the Joint Development Area administered by the Malaysian-Thailand Joint Authority (MTJA). The block is located approximately 150 km NE of Kota Bharu in approximately 60m of water. The facilities include central gas processing facilities at Cakerawala Production platform, a riser platform, a bridge-linked wellhead platform and a number of remote wellhead platforms (WHPs).
Carigali Hess is in the early stage of project development to install a BOOSTER COMPRESSION PLATFORM, to be bridge-linked to the existing central processing facilities to help improve gas reserve recovery for sustainable gas production, and is expected to be ready to operate in 2015. In addition to the BOOSTER COMPRESSION PLATFORM, Carigali Hess is currently progressing with the development of several WELLHEAD PLATFORMS that will contribute to the overall increase of our gas production.
Our long term projection sees a place for talented individuals committed to growth and development in a secure environment. If you’re suitably qualified, experienced and self motivated and seek opportunities in a development focused organization, we invite you to join us.
Well Services Supervisor (Offshore)
Completion, installation, Slickline and Electric line wireline, coiled tubing, well test and well clean-up operations, stimulation and pumping at the rig site to ensure that all Company objectives are delivered safely, cost effectively and without damage to the environment.
The position also holds responsibility for the preparation and testing of associated equipment onshore and its load out and demobilization from the rig site in a timely manner and in accordance with instruction from the shore based wells engineers.
Degree in Engineering or equivalent..
10 years experience of well service activities with 5 years offshore environment WS supervising experience.
Experience of sand control technology and operations is seen as advantageous.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Town: Kuala Lumpur
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2013
Expiry Date: 31 Jan 2013
D2M is a French Engineering Company, specialized in Oil & Gas Services. We provide technical assistance for Major Projects, all over the world, since 25 years.
For a Major petrochemical & refeniry project, which is at the beginning phase (FEED), we are looking for a construction engineer.
The missions will be:
Responsibilities - Construction Engineer:
- With the support of Home Office Project Construction Manager, the Construction Engineer will be in charge of all Construction activities to be performed during the FEED and detailed design phase of project.
- Act as main point of contact within engineering organization
- Working with engineers in developing design which is cost and schedule efficient
- Ongoing input to design through dialogue with engineering personnel, review of engineering model and commentary on drawings and other engineering deliverables.
- Input to setting standards for content and quality of engineering deliverables across a range of disciplines.
- Working with engineering personnel in developing effective work methods
- Preparation of ad hoc project documents (method statements, procedures, status reports etc )
- Providing input during meeting with client
- The mission is for 1 year renewable, single status, rotation 12 weeks on site, 2 weeks off.
Masters Degree or equivalent